While ISTE is undoubtedly an unforgettable experience, it is also a substantial financial investment for schools, so many schools aren’t able to make it. Since my work team is fortunate enough to go, we held our second ISTE Conference Recap Event yesterday. We condensed ISTE17, a four-day conference, into just over an hour! You can watch the full event below.
Collectively, our major takeaways from the conference that we shared were:
- The new ISTE Standards for Educators (~5:27)
- Tell your story- both students and educators need to tell their story and not have it told to them (~11:20)
- True digital citizenship and teachers helping students, “learn how to swim instead of letting them drown.” (~16:35)
- Implementing Design Thinking and Makerspaces (~23:38)
- Access to virtual worlds in all subject areas (~31:08)
- Coding is literacy (~35:04)
Additionally, we talked about the Vendor Floor (~41:24); ideas to think about looking forward, such as redesigning classroom spaces and data security (~44:28); ISTE18 (~49:51); and then sandbox time with Expeditions, Aurasma, Makey Makey and a handful of other coding tools. Some pictures from the event are below!
What were your major takeaways from ISTE17?
Tech To You Later!